Membership Applications Now Open: Young Migrant and Refugee Women’s Advisory Group
The Harmony Alliance Secretariat is now accepting applications to join the Young Migrant and Refugee Women’s Advisory group for May 2018 – May 2020.
The Young Migrant and Refugee Women’s Advisory Group provides advice to the Alliance Council and, as appropriate, to Alliance Members on issues relevant to young migrant and refugee women.
The Advisory Group will comprise up to nine individuals identifying as women from migrant or refugee backgrounds aged 18-28 years, and two co-chairs from the Alliance Council. To view the Alliance Young Women’s Advisory Group Terms of Reference, click here.
The Young Migrant and Refugee Women’s Advisory Group is responsible for:
- Providing valuable insights on issues as they relate to young women.
- Informing policy and advocacy work, in consultation with the Alliance Council and the Alliance Secretariat.
- Driving specific projects.
The Young Women’s Advisory Group will meet between two and four times per year, in person and via teleconference. Appointments are for two years.
Members of the group will have the opportunity to participate in training sessions on effective advocacy, to be mentored by members of the Alliance Council and to apply for limited sponsorship to attend conferences.
Members of the Advisory Group will be expected to have:
- Demonstrated leadership skills.
- Experience or interest in policy and research.
- A sound understanding of the issues relevant to migrant and refugee young women. In this regard, it would be desirable for members to have in-depth knowledge and/or lived experiences of issues affecting migrant and refugee women, including harmful traditional practices affecting the health migrant and refugee women and girls, family and domestic violence, and cultural and systemic barriers to social and economic participation.
- An ability to constructively participate in an advisory capacity.
- An ability and willingness to provide feedback to, and engage with, the broader young migrant and refugee women’s groups.
- A capacity to commit to the Group for the duration of the term, attend meetings and communicate via email.
- A commitment to participate in the Group-led projects.
To apply, please send an expression of interest (max 500 words) addressing the criteria to email@example.com and include a copy of your CV.